Veterans Resources

Address Changes

It is the primary responsibility of the student veteran or dependent to notify the VA of any address changes.

Call 1-888-442-4551 and talk with a Case Manager or leave a voice mail message with your new address and phone number. The VA will call and verify the address before changing it. Students can also go to the Education and Training webpage and change their address via e-mail under "Submit a Question".


VA Education Benefits Toll-Free Number

1-888-GI BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551)

The St. Louis, Missouri, VA Regional Processing Office (RPO) has established an education toll-free phone service for students with VA Education Benefits. This toll-free number features information for veterans and dependents on your own VA education account with Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB):

  • Active Duty, Chapter 30
  • Selected Reserve, Chapter 1606
  • Reserve Educational Assistance (REAP), Chapter 1607
  • Survivors & Dependents Assistance (DEA), Chapter 35
  • POST 9/11: Veterans and Dependents, Chapter 33

Veterans and dependents with a VA Education Benefits question can call 1-888-GI BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) and obtain information 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To reach a VA Education Case Manager, call during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) Monday through Friday.

Custumer Service is also available on the web with FAQ's or to send inquiries about VA benefits.

For questions about Vocational Rehabilitation Education Benefits, Chapter 31, call 1-800-827-1000.


VA Education Service 

The Education and Training page under the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website is the primary source of information pertaining to education programs administered by VA for veterans and dependents. Visitors are able to read short descriptions of the benefits or view pamphlets that describe the various education programs in greater detail.



This webpage does not contain all VA rules and regulations that pertain to VA Educational Benefits. For further information, please contact the:

Veterans Affairs Regional Office, 1-888-442-4551
UNL VA Clerk, 16 Nebraska Union, (402) 472-4130

It is the policy of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln not to discriminate on the basis of sex, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.

Back to top