Students must file an Application for Degree with the Office of the University Registrar, 107 Canfield Administration Building South, early in the semester in which they intend to graduate. Failure to meet the published deadline will delay a graduation one full term.
For May graduates the application deadline is the last Friday in January; for August graduates the application deadline is the last Friday in June; and for December graduates the application deadline is the last Friday in September each year.
A $25 nonrefundable degree application fee must accompany the application for each degree. If you are graduating with multiple degrees in a single term, you must complete a separate Application for Degree form and pay a $25.00 non-refundable fee for each degree. The fee applies only to the term marked on the application and is not transferable to another term.
|Click here for the Application for Degree form: Degree Application|
If you have difficulties opening the Degree Application, you may click here to view and print a non-updatable version of the form.
Graduation Application Deadlines and Fees
|Graduation Application Deadlines|
|December 2014||September 26, 2014|
|May 2015||January 30, 2015|
|August 2015||June 26, 2015|
|Diplomas Mailed Outside of Continental USA||$15.00|
|Certified Copy of Diploma||$3.00|
|Diploma Cover Replacement (padded cover)||$3.00|
If you require a replacement diploma, you have two options:
- Go to 109 Canfield Administration Building South and fill out a Replacement Diploma request form and pay a $20.00 fee by check or by cash, or
- Submit a written request for a duplicate diploma and $20.00 fee by mail.
For either option, you will need the following:
- Name as it appeared on original diploma
- The degree you were awarded from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- The date the degree was awarded (Month/Year)
- Your Social Security Number
- Mailing address you want the diploma sent to (if you are not picking it up yourself) and a phone number where you can be reached. (If your replacement diploma is being mailed outside the United States, you must enclose a $15.00 mailing fee payable to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with your request.)
- Reason why you are requesting a duplicate diploma
- Date of the request
- $20.00 made payable to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (the fee is the same whether you pick up your diploma in person or have it mailed)
- Your signature
Written requests should be mailed to:
c/o University of Nebraska-Lincoln
109 Canfield Administration Building
Lincoln, NE 68588-0416
You should allow a minimum of 6 weeks for your request to be processed. If you have any questions, please call (402) 472-3636.