Ordering Transcripts

Transcripts are confidential records and must be ordered by the student whose record is being requested.

About your transcripts:

  • Transcripts will not be released until holds on accounts are cleared.
  • Transcripts held for current session grades or degrees are mailed approximately two weeks after the end of the term.
  • Transcripts held for pick up in our office must be claimed within 30 days. Picture identification is required to pick up transcripts.
  • Because your original signature must be included, a transcript order cannot be accepted over the phone. Computer generated signatures are not valid.
Please allow two working days for processing your transcript order. Allow extra time for processing at peak periods (end of semester and commencement).


Transcripts can be ordered through MyRED for:

  • Electronic delivery
  • Paper format for standard address deliveries - no special handling. To request special handling, such as separate sealed envelopes, FedEx, Transcript Certification, etc. please use the pdf Transcript Request Form  Note: Email requests are not accepted.
  • Pick up at the Office of the University Registrar at 107 Canfield Administration Building South

        Note: If you do not have access/credentials for MyRED see MyRED Access below.

Electronic Transcripts

This is the fastest (delivery of your transcript to the receiver happens in a few minutes), most secure, and environmentally friendly method to request your transcript. Please note the following when ordering an eTranscript:

  • Students who attended prior to Fall 1986 will not be able to use this method.
  • Confirm with the recipients that they will be able to receive an electronic copy of your transcript. To avoid potential problems with spam filters, please instruct recipients to allow emails from Parchment (noreplyint@parchment.com).
  • An eTranscript is considered official in PDF format only. If printed, the words COPY OF OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT will appear to indicate that the paper copy is not an official institutional document.

To order electronic transcripts, simply login MyRED . The link to Electronic Transcript request can be found on the main navigation bar under Academics, then click on the blue "Order Electronic Transcript" button.  You will be directed to a Parchment Exchange window.  UNL has partnered with Parchment to provide secure, electronic delivery of transcripts.  Follow the screen prompts to complete the request. Once the request is processed, two Parchment generated emails will be sent to the email destination entered in the request: one with a link to the PDF document, another with a password to retrieve it.

Paper Transcripts

Log into MyRED . The link to transcript requests can be found on the main navigation bar under Academics. Follow these simple instructions to ensure the request is processed promptly. Only current, up to date paper transcripts can be ordered using this method. For transcript requests specifying to “Hold for Grades” or “Hold for Degrees”, either use the eTranscript method OR the Transcript Request Form.

Transcript request form:

If using the Transcript Request Form, the following instructions apply:

You must include your full name and former name(s), if applicable, used while attending UNL, student identification number, dates of attendance, current address, daytime phone number, email address, and the complete address of where your transcript is to be sent. If separate sealed envelopes are needed, you must include this on your request. Note: Mailed and faxed requests must include your signature. Email requests are not accepted.

For delivery, you may use one of the following methods below.

Method Details

Complete the form after printing (your signature must be included) OR write a letter including confidential information and original signature.

Send to the Office of Transcripts fax line: 402.472.8220


Complete the form after printing (your signature must be included) OR write a letter including confidential information and signature.

Mail your requests to:

Office of the University Registrar
Transcript Requests
107 Canfield Administration Building
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68588-0416

In person Complete a transcript request form, available in 107 Canfield Administration.

Currently enrolled students who wish to change campuses and forward their transcript to UNO, UNK, or UNMC should complete the Online Change of Campus process. Successfully completing this process will forward transcripts to the new campus.

High school students taking courses with the University of Nebraska High School (UNHS) should click on the following link for transcript request instructions: University of Nebraska High School.

Dana College students should click on the following link for the Dana College Transcript Request Form.

Transcript Information Line: 402.472.3544 - Please call if you have any questions. 


There is no charge for Official Transcripts. However, there is a charge for special delivery service including Overnight Express, Federal Express, UPS, etc. Please see the chart below for instructions on special delivery. NOTE: Transcripts being sent to UNO and UNMC are sent via University courier without charge.

Schedule of Fees Fee


MUST provide a credit card number, type of credit card, and expiration date for payment or a pre-paid envelope

Any other carrier such as: Airborne Express or DHL requires a pre-paid envelope



MUST provide a credit card number, type of credit card, and expiration date for payment or a pre-paid envelope

- FedEx cannot deliver to P.O. boxes or to P.O. box ZIP codes in the U.S., including U.S. military P.O. box addresses such as APO and FPO.
- Transcripts being sent to UNO and UNMC are sent via University courier without charge.


MyRED Access

In order to access MyRED, you will first need to set up your TrueYou credentials by using your designated NUID (Nebraska Unique Identifier). The NUID was developed as a replacement for the Social Security Number in campus systems. To claim your credentials go to the TrueYou Identity Manager and follow the steps on the screen. Make sure you have your Social Security Number handy.

Once you have claimed your credentials through TrueYou, the second step is to log onto MyRED using those credentials. At that point, MyRED will only display the "Welcome" page.  A process will run overnight that will assign the appropriate student access. Once the process is complete, you can log into MyRED to view your records and order a transcript. Students who attended the University prior to Fall 1986 will not be able to access their information through MyRED.

Important: If you have technical questions, issues logging into MyRED, or if you are unable to access the transcript request section under the Academics Tab, please contact MyRED Help Desk at (402) 472-3970.

Ordering Academic Information on Deceased Students

The Office of the University Registrar will evaluate each request for the release of a transcript or other academic records of a deceased student on the individual merits of that request.  The University of Nebraska-Lincoln reserves the right to deny the request in whole or to release only part of the academic records that are requested.  The decision will be based on what is deemed to be in the best interest of UNL.

For complete policy information see Policy on Release of Academic Information for Deceased Students.

Back to top