To change legal name
The legal name is the name that appears on an individual's passport, driver's license, birth certificate, or U.S. Social Security Card. Students are required to provide their full legal name at the time of admission.
To change the legal name on your academic records, we require legal documentation and a completed Name Change form. A form can be obtained in person from Husker Hub, 102 Canfield Administration Building or through the Office of the University Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org, upon request. Legal documentation may include a Certificate of Marriage, Court Order or Decree, Driver’s License, Passport/Visa, or any other official government document. The completed form and documentation may be submitted in person to Husker Hub or through mail, fax, or email to the Office of the University Registrar. Please do not send original copies of legal documents through the mail; a clear photocopy will suffice.
Instances in which legal name will be used include, but are subject to change and not limited to:
- Official and Unofficial Transcripts
- Student Clearinghouse
- IRS Documentation (e.g., 1098-T, W2, 1095C)
- Scholarship and Financial Aid Processing
- Student Consolidated Bill
- Campus/University ID Cards (back)
- Human Resources Data (e.g., Payroll Records, Insurance Data, I-9)
- Requests for Directory Information from Third Parties
- Data Transmitted to Governmental Agencies or Servicing Agencies
- When Required by Law