Computer report icon Grade Reports

Grades are available through MyRED. See Instructions for students viewing grades.

Final processing for grades from the semester should be complete approximately one week (excluding Sundays and holidays) after the end of the term. Preliminary Probation/Dismissal status will be determined at that point. A two-week correction period will be allowed before the final Probation/Dismissal status for the term is determined. 

highlight icon Grade Appeals: Final Grade

Grade appeal procedures vary by college. However, in almost all cases the first step is to speak with the instructor of the class. Most problems can be resolved at this level.

For more specific information for undergraduate students, consult the Undergraduate Catalog or the department office of the course in question. For graduate students, see the Graduate Studies Catalog.

plus/minus icon 'Pass/No Pass' Privilege

The 'Pass/No Pass' (P/N) option is designed for your use by seeking to expand your intellectual horizons by taking courses in areas where you may have had minimal preparation. Neither the 'P' nor the 'N' grade contributes to your GPA.

  1. 'P' is interpreted to mean a grade of 'C' or above. A grade of 'C-' is not acceptable.
  2. A change to or from a 'Pass/No Pass' may be made until mid-term (1/2 of the course).
    1. Spring Semester: Friday, March 6, 2020
    2. Summer
      1. Pre-session: Wednesday, May 27, 2020
      2. 8-Week Session: Friday, June 12, 2020
      3. First Five-Week Session: Tuesday, June 23, 2020
      4. Second Five-Week Session: Tuesday, July 28, 2020
    3. Fall Semester: Friday, October 2, 2020
  3. The 'Pass/No Pass' or grade registration cannot conflict with the professor's, department, college, or University policy governing the grading options.
  4. Changing to or from 'Pass/No Pass' requires using MyRED to change the grading option, or processing a Schedule Adjustment Form.
  5. For undergraduates, the University maximum of 24 'Pass' credit hours and/or college and department limits will apply. These limits do not include courses offered on a 'Pass/No Pass' basis only. Consult your advisor or the Undergraduate Catalog for restrictions on the number of 'Pass' hours you can apply toward your degree.
  6.  The 'Pass/No Pass' grading option cannot be used for the removal of 'C-', 'D+', 'D', 'D-', or 'F' grade factors.
    NOTE: See Course Repeats
  7. 'Pass/No Pass' option for Graduate Students: See Academic Standards for information concerning the graduate pass/no pass grade option.

broken link icon Grade Appeals: 'P/N'

University policy requires that registration changes to or from 'P/N' must be processed by the student before the end of the eighth week.

  • Spring Semester: Friday, March 6, 2020 (Midnight)
  • Summer
    • Pre-session: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 (Midnight)
    • 8-Week Session: Friday, June 12, 2020 (Midnight) 
    • First Five-Week Session: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 (Midnight)
    • Second Five-Week Session: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 (Midnight)
  • Fall Semester: Friday, October 2, 2020 (Midnight)


March 2020

Last Day to Change to or from Pass/No Pass for Spring 2020


October 2020

Last Day to Change to or from Pass/No Pass for Fall 2020

For the occasional appeal regarding 'P/N' policies, the Academic Senate Grading and Examinations Committee has adopted a procedure requiring the student to submit an appeal through their college dean's office. The student will be informed of the decision by the college representative of the Academic Senate Grading and Examinations Committee.

clock icon Grade of Incomplete

An instructor uses the grade of an 'I' (Incomplete) at the end of a term to designate incomplete work in a course. It should be used only when the student was unable to complete the requirements of the course because of illness, military service, hardship, or death in the immediate family. A grade of 'I' should be given only if the student has substantially completed the major requirements of the course.

closed lock icon Removing a Grade of Incomplete ('I')

Undergraduate Students: Arrangements to remove a grade of 'I' (Incomplete) in a course should be made with the instructor who taught the course. If you mistakenly register again for a course in which you are removing a grade of 'I' (Incomplete), you will be required to pay tuition again for the course.

Graduate and Professional Architecture Students: Students taking graduate or professional architecture courses must check with their instructor on what their responsibilities are to remove a grade of 'I'.

Normally there is no time limit to remove a grade of 'I' unless the course is a prerequisite for the next course in the sequence. However, the instructor does have the option of determining the requirements for completing the course and requisite date for removal of a grade of 'I'.

It is helpful to have these requirements in writing to ensure there is no miscommunication between the instructor and student. Typically, thesis and dissertation credit hours are graded following the defense of these projects.