Students must file an Application for Graduation early in the semester in which they intend to graduate. Applications for Graduation may be submitted electronically via MyRED.
For May graduates the application deadline is the fourth Friday in January; for August graduates the application deadline is the second Friday in June; and for December graduates the application deadline is the second Friday in September each year. Failure to meet the published deadline will delay a graduation one full term.
Last Day to Register for May 2022 Graduation
Last Day to Register for August 2022 Graduation
Last Day to Register for Dec. 2022 Graduation
For the online Application for Graduation, go to MyRED, and click on your Academics tab. This will take you to the online Application. While the application is user friendly, step-by-step instructions for can be found under Online Graduation Application Instructions.
Each electronic Application for Graduation will result in a $25.00 non-refundable charge on your student bill. If you are graduating with multiple degrees or certificates in a single term, you must check each degree or certificate you intend to receive on the electronic form, and you will be billed a $25.00 non-refundable fee for each degree and certificate. The Application and fee apply only to the term indicated on the application and is not transferable to another term.
Graduation Application Deadlines and Fees
|Graduation Application Deadlines|
|May 2022||January 28, 2022|
|August 2022||June 17, 2022|
|December 2022||September 16, 2022|
|Diplomas Mailed Outside of Continental USA
|Certified Copy of Diploma||$3.00|
|Diploma Cover Replacement (padded cover)||$4.00|
If you require a replacement diploma, you have two options:
- Go to 002 Canfield Administration Building South and fill out a Duplicate Diploma request form and pay a $20.00 fee by check or cash, or
- Submit a written request or a completed Duplicate Diploma request form and $20.00 fee by mail.
For either option, you will need the following:
- Name as it appeared on original diploma
- The degree you were awarded from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- The date the degree was awarded (Month/Year)
- Your Date of Birth and the last four (4) digits of your Social Security Number
- Mailing address you want the diploma sent to (if you are not picking it up yourself) and a phone number where you can be reached. (If your replacement diploma is being mailed outside the United States, you must enclose with your request a $15.00 mailing fee per diploma, payable to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.)
- Reason why you are requesting a duplicate diploma
- Date of the request
- $20.00 made payable to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (the fee is the same whether you pick up your diploma in person or have it mailed)
- Your signature
Written requests should be mailed to:
c/o University of Nebraska-Lincoln
PO Box 880416
Lincoln, NE 68588-0416
You should allow a minimum of 6 weeks for your request to be processed. If you have any questions, please call (402) 472-3635.