Senior Learning Passport Program
The Senior Learning Passport Program is available to individuals who are at least 65 years of age. Senior learners may attend and "sit-in" on undergraduate courses (courses numbered 100 - 499) on a space available basis and with the instructor's permission. Online courses are not available for Passport Learners. Course offering information is available online at Search for Classes.
The Learning Passport may be used for up to two classes per semester and is valid for one year from the date of the non-refundable $25 fee payment.
Senior Passport Program Guidelines:
- Non-refundable fee for this program is $25 per year and covers a maximum of 2 classes per semester.
- Limited to undergraduate classes on a space available basis.
- Citizens 65 years of age and over are eligible.
- Instructor permission is required for all classes.
- Not eligible to take online classes or receive any UNL services.
- The passport learner is intended to be a passive learner. Any active participation is at the discretion of the instructor and the instructor may terminate participation of a learner for any reason.
- The Learning Passport cannot be used in courses with direct one-to-one instruction (i.e. lab, studio, performance, honors, or introductory language classes).
- Present fee payment and I.D. to the Bursar, 121 Canfield Admin Building, Lincoln, NE 68588-0412.
- You will receive a card that must be presented to the instructor to obtain permission to participate in the course.
- Instructor permission can usually most easily be attained at the end of the first day of class.
- When searching for a course, it is helpful to use filters to find courses that meet the above criteria.
- Visitor parking for both City and East Campus is shown on maps available on the Parking Services website at: https://parking.unl.edu/visitors.
For help finding courses, contact:
For more information regarding parking, contact:
For more information regarding payment, contact: